As our company continues to grow, we are looking for bar and event assistants to support us in running the London Art Bar based in High Holborn.
Flexibility is key to our business and hours will be in the region of 10-15 hours per week, this may be higher during busy periods, in a shift pattern usually Wednesday – Sunday, subject to negotiation. Candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends.
The role will include:
- Bartending and general food and beverage service, including opening/closing bar service
- Preparing, cleaning and maintaining the food and beverage service areas, in accordance with health and safety and food hygiene requirements
- Food and beverage preparation and service
- Food and beverage stock control, and supporting supplies management and deliveries
- Supporting event staff during events, including set up and clean down as required
- Undertaking event stock room management, ensuring stock levels are maintained and that kit is ready for use
- Ensuring upkeep and cleanliness of events space during the day
- Providing kitchen and catering assistance as required
- Any other duties as agreed
Applicants will have experience of working in a food and beverage / hospitality setting and will demonstrate:
- Experience working in a bar or café setting
- Awareness of relevant health and safety and legal requirements for the operation of a food and beverage establishment
- A genuine desire to provide the best customer experience, constantly reviewing and evolving performance
- Work calmly under pressure and be able to multitask
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Work well in a team
- Maintain a can-do attitude and be solution focused
In addition the ideal applicant will demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications in hospitality and food hygiene/safety
- Interest in events and the creative industries
- Knowledge and experience of additional bar service, including cocktail making and barista service
Salary will be circa £21k (pro-rata).
To apply please send a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and how you meet the criteria and a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Applications close: 1 October 2022.