Since 2013 PopUp Painting has been the leading ‘social painting’ experience provider in the UK. Starting in London we now run events in bars, restaurants and workplaces right across the UK, and have painted with more than 50,000 people.
During the event guests (almost exclusively novices) are guided through a painting set by step in a fun, lighthearted manner. Guests are encouraged to grab drinks from the bar, unleashing their creativity wine glass in one hand, paintbrush in the other!
This role is perfect for anybody in the visual or performing arts or events industry looking for flexible work to do around their creative practice, or for someone looking for a creative role to add to their day job or studies. PopUp Painting provides all the materials needed for your event.
We are looking for the people to join our new team in Leeds to take up a combination of Artist, Event Manager and Patch Manager work. At most events you will be fulfilling either of the roles, but may do a combined role on occasion.
The requirements for these roles are as follows:
- Guiding 15-50 guests through a painting in a fun, accessible manner using acrylic paints in under 2 hours
- Set up and clean down of the event
- To be confident in public speaking – mics are provided
- Preparation of demonstration canvas before events
- Most events take place Weds-Sat evenings, and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Weekend and evening availability is essential.
- Have access to a car and storage for event equipment
- Set and and clean down of the event
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of the event and an excellent customer experience
- Public speaking: Introducing the event and the artist
On occasion these roles may be combined in a event.
Pay is on an per event (3-4 hours) basis as follows: artist – £70 per an event; Event Managers – £60 per an event; the combined role is £90 per an event. There will also be some opportunity to work as an event support which is £35. You will work wit us on a freelance \ self employed basis. Pro rata pay is equivalent to £25,000. Where transporting kit, expenses are paid at the HMRC rate.
Team members can expect to work between 4-8 events a month, mostly in the evenings and at weekends.
Should your application be successful you will be invited to an interview, including a mini 10 minute ‘audition’ where you will show how you might guide guests through a simple painting, in a fun lighthearted manner.
Training will be provided for successful candidates.
To apply please download the form and return it with your CV and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com by 25th June 2022