PopUp Painting is the leading ‘sip and paint’ business in the country, delivering events right across England. Now established across London, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds and York – we are now looking to expand into Edinburgh and/or Glasgow.
Since 2003 our mission has been to bring art out of the classroom and gallery, into the places people meet on an everyday basis. We have painted with tens of thousands of people across the UK and have been featured in the likes of the BBC and the Raconteur.
We are all about unleashing creativity – wine glass in one hand, paint brush in the other!
We are looking for combined Operational Lead & Artist in either Glasgow or Edinburgh to join our team, and get the ball rolling in this new territory.
Events last 2.5 hours plus set up and clean down time, totalling c.5 hours plus some preparation time. Most events take place in the evening and weekends. You will need to be flexible and able to travel. You are unlikely to be both Artist and Event Manager simultaneously.
As an Operational Lead you will:
- Run the event in accordance with PopUp Painting guidelines
- Ensure customer care, safety and quality of experience
- Transport kit to and from the event
- Lead on the ground sourcing of venues, and liaise with venues to secure dates and bookings
- Advise on marketing avenues and share local insights
- Store and manage stock/kit
As an Artist you will:
- Be the star of the show! Guiding guests step by step through a painting in an entertaining high energy way.
- Help run the event in accordance with PopUp Painting guidelines
Our events are high energy and focused on entertainment. An ideal candidate:
- Has qualifications or demonstratable proficiency in Visual or Performing arts or Event Management.
- Evidence of event management experience and/or evidence of managing or working with crowds or teams.
- Good performance and/or presentation experience.
- Availability at weekends and weekday evenings.
In a typical month you could expect to work 2-8 events.
Pay is at a pro-rata rate of c.£25,000.
Auditions and interviews will take place on week of the 30th August 2021