An exciting new opportunity has arisen with PopUp Painting & Events. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for bar and café assistants to support our Centre Managers in running our new Central London events café & bar based in High Holborn.
Flexibility is key to our business and hours will be in the region of 15-25 hours per week in a shift pattern usually Wednesday – Sunday subject to negotiation. Candidates must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
The role will include:
- Bartending and general food and beverage service, including opening/closing bar service
- Preparing, cleaning and maintaining the food and beverage service areas, in accordance with health and safety and food hygiene requirements
- Food and beverage preparation and service
- Food and beverage stock control, and supporting supplies management and deliveries
- Supporting event staff during events, including set up and clean down as required
- Undertaking event stock room management, ensuring stock levels are maintained and that kit is ready for use
- Ensuring upkeep and cleanliness of events space during the day
- Providing kitchen and catering assistance as required.
- Any other duties as agreed
Applicants will have experience of working in a food and beverage / hospitality setting and will demonstrate:
- Experience working in a bar or café setting
- Awareness of relevant health and safety and legal requirements for the operation of a food and beverage establishment
- A genuine desire to provide the best customer experience, constantly reviewing and evolving performance
- Work calmly under pressure and be able to multitask.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Work well in a team
- Maintain a can-do attitude and be solution focused
In addition the ideal applicant will demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications in hospitality and food hygiene/safety
- Interest in events and the creative industries.
- Knowledge and experience of additional bar service, including cocktail making and barista service
The role will report to the Centre Manager.
Salary will be circa £21k (pro-rata) and this position will initially be on a contracted basis.
To apply please send a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and how you meet the criteria and a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Applications close on 24th May 2021 and interviews will take place in person in London on the week commencing 31st May 2021