Elephantidae is a family of large, herbivorous mammals collectively called elephants and mammoths. These are terrestrial large mammals with a snout modified into a trunk and teeth modified into tusks. BLA BLA BLAAH!
We know you know that! But did you know these! 😉
- Elephants purr like cats do, as a means of communication. (AWWWWWW! #Love)
2. Only one mammal can’t jump — the elephant. (Which isn’t so bad. Jumping isn’t mastered by most species)
3. Elephants waive their trunks up in the air and from side to side to smell better. (We also can do this 😉 )
4. Elephants have greeting ceremonies when a friend that has been away for some time returns to the group. (A bit like us ladies, exhibit gif)
5. Elephants have two gaits – a walk and a faster gait that is similar to running. They cannot trot or gallop, however they can swim and use their trunk as a snorkel. (As long as they don’t go in head first ey!)
If these Elephant facts have got you inspired then come along to our Banksy inspired night out to give our Nelly a go!
See the events here